How To Take Care of Your Air Conditioning System
It is there for you during the hot summer days when you are riding your car sitting comfortably and thinking about everything except your air conditioning system. It’s true: sometimes we take it for granted because it makes us feel safe and comfortable. So we don’t wonder what we have done to deserve it.
But a good air conditioning system will work properly if you take care of it the right way. Don’t panic if you aren’t still familiarized with the best methods of keeping your air conditioning system clean. Information is power so keep on reading to discover solutions to your problems.
Tips on How to Take Care of Your Air Conditioning System
1. Do you know all the functions of your vehicle? Keep in mind that the air conditioning system is not placed into your car just to keep you cool. It also has the role of removing the humidity from the cabin. This means that you should also use the air conditioning during the winter in order to maintain the windscreen clean.
2. If you run the air conditioner for approximately 10 minutes per week you can keep the gas pressure constant. This will prevent the hoses from hardening and the compressor seals from failing. When you turn the air conditioner make sure you select the coolest setting because this will eliminate the moisture and will prevent the growth of mildew.
3. Make sure you get your air conditioning system checked every 2 years. This will assure you of its functionality and will prevent getting stuck in the hot days without any way to cool yourself.
4. Weird odors might also appear and if you notice anything like this when your turn on or off the air conditioning system then you should get your car to a service immediately. This might indicate the presence of a bacteria and even if you don’t necessarily have a respiratory problem, this can affect your health on the long term.
5. Keep your car closed and you will manage to keep its aerodynamics at optimum. In addition to this you will also maintain the noise to a minimum, increase the safety of your passengers and keep the fuel consumption low.
Your car’s air conditioning is not something to joke about. If you want to keep it functional, respect the tips above and if you want to remain healthy have your car checked on a regular basis!