Here’s a detailed guide about how to get Vietnam visas for Indians
Are you planning to finally check some places off your bucket list this year? If so, then Vietnam should definitely be one of your top choices. As a country, Vietnam attracts millions of tourists from all over the globe. It’s a country with a rich cultural heritage, natural beauty, and thousands of years of history. It’s an exciting vacation destination for Indian tourists, who want to visit a foreign country on a tight budget without compromising on luxury and the overall experience.
If you are planning to visit Vietnam soon, then here is an easy process to get a Vietnam visa for Indians without any hassle
Visa On Arrival for Indian Tourists
As an Indian resident, you can get a visa on arrival once you land in Vietnam, and it is valid for 15-30 days. However, if you take this option, then you will need to apply for an e-visa online and get an approval letter that will allow you to collect your visa on arrival once you are in Vietnam.
Documents Required for Vietnam Tourist Visa Application for Indians
You would need a few documents before your visa application can be processed:
- An Indian passport with at least 6 months of validity
- Recent passport size photographs with white background
If you are planning to get a visa on arrival, you will need a few additional documents:
- You need to fill in and sign the visa on arrival application form
- Approval letter that will allow you to obtain the visa on arrival once you land at the airport
- You will need to pay applicable stamping fee in cash on arrival. However, make sure that you have the official Vietnamese currency, i.e., the Vietnamese Dong to make this transaction.
Steps to Apply for Visa on Arrival from India
The process of applying for a visa on arrival for Vietnam is relatively simple:
- Visit the official e-visa application site of Vietnam to apply for the e-visa
- You will need to scan your passport size photo and other related information which needs to be uploaded on the website in a jpg format.
- Carefully fill in all necessary personal data and trip information in the application form
- Use any of the supported payment options to pay your e-visa fee
- You will receive a unique registration code on successfully submitting the form
- You will need to wait for 3 working days for your visa application to get processed and your approval letter to be issued.
- visit the official Vietnamese e-visa site to cross-check your approval letter and your unique registration code, date of birth, and email ID to access your approval letter.
Once your approval letter is sanctioned, make sure to download and save a copy in the form of a PDF file, and make some prints to present to the immigration authorities once you arrive in Vietnam to obtain your visa on arrival.
Now that you are aware of the process for obtaining a Vietnam visa for Indians, there is something more that you would need for complete peace of mind once you land in that country and go about exploring the different experiences it has to offer.
Get a Travel Insurance
Although it is not mandatory to purchase travel insurance for Vietnam, having the financial security of a travel insurance policy will be in your best interest. A travel insurance plan will help you by taking care of financial loss as a result of lost checked-in baggage, loss of passport in a foreign country, a medical emergency or any such distressing situation.
Moreover, it takes care of any hospitalization charges if you fall sick and require hospitalization. Therefore, always ensure that you have a good travel insurance plan in place before undertaking any journey to save yourself from the troubles of having to bear unplanned expenses.
Care Insurance offers one of the most comprehensive travel insurance plans. So before you plan to buy a travel insurance policy do check out their plans to make your trip to Vietnam memorable and hassle-free.