Mycarcheck.com provide vehicle checks which alert potential car buyers to possible issues with a car. By using the car’s registration number (VRM), information is provided which shows if the car has been written off, is stolen or has outstanding debt. This information allows the potential buyer to negotiate a better deal, or to avoid buying the car.
My Car Check have released some interesting statistics that highlight the possible risks of buying some of the UK’s most popular cars. It also highlighted the average values, most popular colours, plus more.
Taken from all car checks carried out on the My Car Check website in 2015, the report found that:
- 3 million vehicles sold each year in the UK have some sort of warning
- 46% of all vehicles checked in 2015 had at least one warning
- Land Rover had the highest proportion of warnings of all manufacturers
- Land Rover also had the highest proportion of stolen warnings
- Audi had the highest proportion of outstanding finance warnings
- Honda had the highest proportion of write-off warnings
- The top manufacturer searched was Ford, followed by Vauxhall and Volkswagen, BMW and Audi
- The top model searched was the Ford Fiesta Zetec, followed by the Mini Cooper, the VW Golf GT TDI, Mini Copper S and Mini One
- The average value of a vehicle searched in 2015 was £7,632
- The most popular colour searched was black
Buying a used vehicle without first carrying out a check is taking a huge risk. You can check a car by downloading My Car Check’s app (available on iOS or Android devices), texting the reg to 83600 or visiting mycarcheck.com.