Motorparks sets out its essential pre-MOT checklist
Transport Minister Andrew Jones explained: “We have some of the safest roads in the world and MOT tests play an important role in ensuring the standard of vehicles on our roads.
“New vehicles are much safer than they were 50 years ago and so it is only right we bring the MOT test up to date to help save motorists money where we can.”
Is your car’s MOT just around the corner? Don’t panic, as new and used car dealership Motorparks has created an essential pre-MOT checklist to help motorists keep the costs of this test down.
Take a look through the entire checklist and discover the main reasons why a car fails its MOT. You’ll also find advice on checking the following components of your vehicle:
- Essential fluids (including brake fluid, screen wash and oil)
- Exhaust system
- Fuel system
- Lights (both front and rear lights, as well as hazard lights and indicators)
- Mirrors (both side and rear-view mirrors)
- Registration plate
- Suspension system
- Tyres (both the tyre pressure and tyre tread of all tyres being used as well as the spare wheel)
- Vehicle identification number
- Windscreens (including washer jets and wipers)
Put yourself in the best position to see your car passing its MOT first time and with flying colours by working through the handy checklist now…new cars, new vehicles, save motorists money